Healthcare Waste Institute Members-Only Information
The following documents are for members only:
Special topics in waste
Policies, Instructions and Presentations
Correspondence and Action
- HWI Comments - Proposed Amendments to 25 TAC §§ 1.132 – 1.137, July 2016
- Comments to Department of Transportaion regarding Financial Responsibility for Motor Carriers, Freight Forwarders and Brokers, February 2015
- Comments to U.S. EPA regarding "Best Management Practices for Unused Pharmaceuticals at Health Care Facilities," November 2010
- Memo, OSHA Stakeholder Meeting, Infectious Diseases, August 2011
- Application of HWI for a Preemption Determination as to NJ's Regulations on Regulated Medical Wastes, September 2011
- Comments to PHMSA regarding "Hazardous Materials: Harmonization with International Standards," October 2012
- Comments to Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration regarding PHMSA-2012-0027, October 2012
- Letter to Department of Transportation regarding Comments about PHMSA-2012-0027, December 2012
- Letter to Idaho Department of Environmental Quality about Medical Waste Best Management Practices, December 2012
- Compliance Guide on Emergency Response Information
Rules for anyone who offers for transport or transports, transfers or otherwise handles hazardous materials, including infectious waste.
- NSWMA Guide on Sharps Containers
A document that describes the regulations for material integrity and handling of sharps containers when shipping to an off-site facility.
- Standards for Hazard Communication - March 2016
OSHA standards for communicating to employees about hazardous materials.
- Regulated Medical Waste and Infectious Substances: Myths in Management
Myths for healthcare waste management.
- Transportation of Regulated Medical Waste and Infectious Substances: A Compliance Assistance Document, September 2011
Materials, proper packaging, proper marking on packaging and vehicles, explains shipment papers, emergency response, etc.
- HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) regarding HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules for covered entities when disposing of protected health information
- Idaho Department of Environmental Quality, Medical Waste Best Management Practices, December 2012
Pharmaceutical Waste Management